COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES
The information contained within our website is protected unless otherwise noted.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS
Avēsis intends that the information contained on its website to be accurate and reliable; however, errors sometimes occur.
Personally Identifiable Account Information:
Company may collect information you voluntarily share with us in submitting an application for services, as well as other information, for example through Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses and the use of “cookies,” which may be placed on your computer when you access the website. (See the sections on IP Addresses and Cookies below.)
We do not sell, rent or loan any of your personally identifiable information to any third party. We may use and share information with those persons and third-party entities specifically involved in the processing of your payment or your application to receive services from Company. In addition, we may use and share aggregated information that does not uniquely identify you when it enables us to improve and enrich our services and website content. In addition, Company reserves the right to use and share your information in the event Company believes doing so is necessary to operate this website or where such disclosure may be required by law, or to protect Company's right or the rights of others.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and State Law:
Avēsis Insurance, Inc. offers insurance plans that are subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and its implementing regulations ("HIPAA"). In addition, Avesis, Inc. functions as a third party administrator for certain health plans that are subject to HIPAA. As a result, any information that you submit to us that constitutes "Protected Health Information," as defined by HIPAA, is subject to HIPAA and applicable state law. The term "Protected Health Information" or "PHI" refers to individually identifiable health information about your past, present or future physical or mental health or condition, the provision of health care to you or the past, present or future payment for such care. If any information collected on this Website constitutes PHI, then the applicable Notice of Privacy Practices available here will apply to our use and disclosure of your PHI.
Company logs IP addresses for systems administration purposes. This information only helps us determine how often different areas of our site are visited.
Access by Children:
This website is not directed toward children under 13 years of age and Company does not knowingly collect or use information from children under 13 through this website.
Do Not Track:
We will automatically collect cookies and other non-personally identifying information when you visit this site. Due to this automatic collection, we do not currently honor the "do not" track requests.
Company may use your personal information to send you promotional communications by email. You have the opportunity to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications from us at any time. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
We limit access to personally identifiable information about you to our employees and third-party agents who we reasonably believe need to have access to your information to provide you with the information or services you request from Company.
We employ industry-standard security measures designed to protect the security of all information submitted through this website. However, the security of information transmitted through the internet can never be guaranteed. We are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any communications through the internet or for changes to or losses of data.
Access to your Personal Information:
If you wish to have access to your personal information in our records, please contact us with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also request that we update your personal information or correct any factual errors that you believe may exist regarding this information.
Your choices with respect to collection and use of your information:
- You may choose not to provide Company with certain information, although it may be needed to take advantage of features offered on this site.
- You may add or modify information as described above.
- You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial emails in any such message that the Company may send you. Please note that the Company reserves the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your account or to your interaction on this site, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
Mobile Device Apps (the "Mobile Apps"):
When using the Company’s Mobile App, the Company collects and uses information about you in the same way and for the same purposes as the Company does when you use our website.
In addition to this, the Company may also use some other information that we collect automatically when you use the Company’s Mobile Apps. Specifically:
- The Company collects information about Mobile App functionality that you access and use, allowing the Company to identify aspects of the Mobile App that are areas of interests. We may use this data to refine and continuously improve the Mobile App. The data we collect for this purpose does not enable the Company to directly identify you.
- Each Mobile App also sends the Company the device's unique device identifier (or "UID").
- Each Mobile App may also send the Company error-reporting notifications in the event that it hangs or crashes. This enables the Company to investigate the error and to improve the stability of the Mobile App for future releases. As part of these error reports, the Mobile App sends the Company information pertaining to the mobile device type and version, the UID, the time the error occurred, the feature being used and the state of the application when the error occurred. The Company does not use this information for any purpose other than investigating and correcting the error.
You always have the ability to control what information a Mobile App sends to us. You can exercise this control either by changing the settings of the Mobile App under its setting menu or changing the settings of your mobile device. Alternatively, you can remove the Mobile App from your mobile device entirely and access our services through our website.
This website may link to, or be linked to, other websites not maintained by or related to Company. Company is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third parties or third-party websites, including any linked or linking websites. To the extent that you disclose personally identifiable information to any such third parties, different rules may apply to their use and disclosure of personal information that you disclose to them. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of such websites before disclosing your personal information to them.
10324 South Dolfield Road
Owings Mills, MD 21117